The Fort Mill School District has a long list of accolades for having great schools. Here’s a summary of recent praises:
- #1 School District in the Charlotte metro area. Niche.com ranked Charlotte-area school districts according to academics, safety, quality of teachers, clubs, college prep, diversity and community surveys. Further information can be found at the Niche.com web site and this article from The Herald.
- Excellent ACT exam scores. According to the district’s web site: “The Fort Mill School District Class of 2018 exceeded the state and national averages on ACT exams administered in the spring of 2018. This is the fifth consecutive year Fort Mill School District seniors have posted a higher average composite ACT score than all K-12 school districts in the state.”
- Named to the AP District Honor Roll. Fort Mill Schools were named to the 9th annual AP District Honor Roll. According to the College Board’s AP web site, the list includes “373 school districts in the U.S. and Canada that simultaneously achieved increases in access to Advanced Placement® courses for a broader number of students and also maintained or improved the rate at which their AP® students earned scores of 3 or higher on an AP Exam.” More information can be found this PDF listing on the College Board’s web site.
- Outstanding clubs and sports programs. The school district is home to multiple club and athletics awards and titles, including marching band championships (Nations Ford High School won the state championship in 2017) and multiple individual swim team state championships. More information found on the accolades page for the district’s web site.
- More accolades about the district can be found at the Fort Mill School District’s web site.
Want to keep updated on the latest news with Fort Mill, SC area schools? In addition to checking this blog on local schools, you can also connect with schools through a variety of social media options at the links below.
Jackie Fenbert’s school updates
This blog: http://topcarolinaagent.com/blog/
Fort Mill Elementary School
Web site: http://fortmillfmes.ss11.sharpschool.com/
Facebook for Fort Mill Elementary PTO: https://www.facebook.com/FortMillElementaryPTO/
Orchard Park Elementary School
Web site: http://fortmillopes.ss11.sharpschool.com/
Sugar Creek Elementary School
Web site: http://fortmillsfes.ss11.sharpschool.com/
Facebook page for PTO: https://www.facebook.com/Sugar-Creek-Elementary-School-PTO-123914547619186/
Tega Cay Elementary School
Web site: http://fortmilltces.ss11.sharpschool.com/
Facebook page for PTO: https://www.facebook.com/TegaCayElementarySchoolPTA/
Springfield Middle School
Web site: http://sfms.fortmillschools.org/
Fort Mill High School
Web site: http://fmhs.fortmillschools.org/
If you’re considering moving to the Fort Mill, SC or Indian Land, SC areas, you may wonder which public school your children will attend based on the neighborhood and home that you will live in.
Here are some links to see where you’re kids will be assigned.
Fort Mill Schools (York County)
Using the following link, type in the address of the home, and the system will provide you with the current school assignment, in addition to a lot of other helpful information, such as information on utilities and public safety services.
You can also view school assignment maps on the school district’s web site here.
There is also helpful information for newcomers to the Fort Mill schools on the district’s web site here.
Indian Land Schools (Lancaster County)
Input an address at this link to find where your child will attend elementary, middle and high school.
Construction continues for the new Indian Land High School located on US 521 in Lancaster County.
The new high school campus will comprise 142 acres on the east side of US 521 at Niven Road and Witherspoon Trail. It’s located nearly 5 miles south of Indian Land High School.
According to the Lancaster County School District, the school will open in the fall of 2020. The current Indian Land high school will become a middle school for grades seven and eight. The middle school will then become an intermediary school for grades five and six, and the elementary schools will serve students in grades Kindergarten through four.
Van Wyck Elementary School recently opened in August as the third elementary school serving the growing northern panhandle of Lancaster County.
Questions about the new schools and how the attendance lines will affect your home sale or purchase? As always, please contact me – I’m happy to talk to you!
Construction for the new Catawba Ridge High School in Fort Mill, SC is currently underway. The school is expected to open for the 2019-2020 school year.
According to the Fort Mill School District, approximately 1,000 students will be affected by the high school reassignments next year, with an estimated 800 students from Fort Mill High School and Nations Ford High School reassigned to Catawba Ridge.
Interested in more information about Catawba Ridge High School, including what it will look like when it’s complete? Here are several sources to explore the new school.
Catawba Ridge High School web site
Catawba Ridge High School Flythrough (by Jumper Carter Sease Architects)
You can even buy Catawba Ridge High School apparel already. The mascot: the Copperheads.
Questions about where your student will go to high school in Fort Mill, SC? Here’s a link to the online school locator.
And for questions about schools and homes in the area, as always contact me! I’m happy to help!
Due to high population growth in the Fort Mill School District, the school board recently voted to change high school attendance areas.
Here’s a map of the attendance areas for the 2019-2020 school year (PDF).
According to information from the Fort Mill School District web site, rising seniors will be grandfathered into their current school. An estimated 1,000 students will be affected by the new plan, and those students should be notified by the school district this month.
The timing of the high school attendance changes correspond with the opening of a new high school, Catawba Ridge High School, which will be located at 1180 Fort Mill Parkway in Fort Mill, SC.
If you have any questions about high school attendance changes or assignments, please contact me at 704.756.9504, and I’d be happy to talk with you.